Saturday 18 October 2014

Does Persistence Pay Off?

The following image almost did not make the cut into my artwork gallery at Fine Art America.
Four days, a lot of frustration and many versions later, I finally decided on this monochrome version after trying different colour variations. Nothing seemed to please me when returning to upload the image.

Then it occurred to me, I have a tendency to like dark, earthy tones, painterly images and that's why none of the other colourful versions pleased my eye, but there is something about this image that resonates with me. Maybe it's the fact that it is such a simple image and sometimes less is more.

Whatever it is, the version bellow ended up being my favourite and it is now uploaded to my website. I love the faded sky and clouds and although it is monochromatic, the trees on the bottom still show the different tones of the end of summer, when the leaves start changing to yellow and red colours.

You can purchase prints, cavasses, framed, metal and acrylic prints and greeting cards here

You can also download royalty free and rights managed licensed digital copies of this image and others at Licensing Pixels.com.


The Gull Sees The Farthest Who Flies The Highest by Eduardo Tavares


No comments:

Post a Comment